Contract • Remote • 1-3 Years Experience
What defines Sceneri?
At the core of Sceneri you will find talented, driven, and passionate gamers. We pride ourselves on creating a casual, collaborative, and inventive environment where whether we are creating bespoke technology or a development platform that enables others to create interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Working within Sceneri means being part of a team that continually strives to open up game and simulations development to all people. We’re constantly innovating to push emerging technologies and our game development platform.
What you'll do
Sceneri is looking for a Level Designer to join the team helping to expand content for Sceneri's launch and growth. You will be in charge of creating levels and assets that demonstrate mechanics within the team. The ideal candidate has extensive experience in the UGC space, able to handle multiple roles in the art and game design pipeline. In some cases you will be contributing the documentation of tools and workflows on level mechanics you help develop in the role.
In this role, you will:
- Contribute and create level layouts
- Oversee and maintain the design of levels by providing constant support and feedback to reach quality, core mechanics and vision
- Contribute to prototyping, scenario creation, event scripting, game balancing, pacing, and gameplay tuning
- Place and trigger entities (such as movers, objects, obstacles etc) to create fun and deep gameplay
- Drive social and community engagement through example content and tutorials
- Help the game to get better in quality through constant playtesting, feedback aggregation and separation of actionable items from non-actionable ones
- Collaborate with Gameplay Designers to define and tweak game mechanics and experiences.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in Level Design; mastery of 3D level design tools and solid knowledge of game editors
- Passion for making and playing games.
- Strong creative skills
- A fine attention to quality and detail, both creatively and technically
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work self-directed when necessary
- Excellent knowledge of video game industry